EIT RawMaterials is the world’s largest raw materials consortium with over 300 partners, providing a collaborative environment for disruptive and breakthrough innovations by connecting business with academia, research, and investment. It also invests in future generations of innovators for the raw materials sector through initiatives ranging from education of school students to higher qualifications for industry professionals.
This year, EIT RawMaterials is looking for projects in innovation and education, encompassing Upscaling, RIS Innovation and RIS Capacity and Master courses of excellence. This is an exceptional opportunity for organisations seeking funding to advance Europe’s raw materials sector through innovative and sustainable solutions.
Who can apply?
Eligibility extends to all organisations qualifying for the Horizon Europe programme. It is not a prerequisite to be a current partner of EIT RawMaterials; however, the partnership offers access to a wealth of expertise, potential collaborators, and assistance in consortium building.
- Mining and processing
- Innovation in the substitution of critical, toxic and low-performance materials
- Additive manufacturing of materials
- Resource efficient design of materials
- Industrial symbiosis
- Design for recycling and life-time extension
- End-of-life producr recycling
- Chain of custody
Lighthouse programmes to guide the way
For up-scaling activities, RIS Capacity Building, and RIS Innovation, proposals should address at least one topic in the Lighthouse Appendix related to the 3 Lighthouse programmes of Circular Societies, Responsible Sourcing, and Sustainable Materials.
For Higher Education activity proposals, the focus shall be on Master courses of excellence on identified topics.
- Proposal registration: Wednesday, 31 January 2024, at 13:00 CET
- DRAFT proposal submission for Upscaling and RIS activities: Wednesday, 31 January 2024, at 13:00 CET
- FINAL proposal submission for Education proposals: Wednesday, 31 January 2024, at 13:00 CET
- FINAL proposal submission for Upscaling and RIS activities: Wednesday, 29 May 2024, at 13:00 CET
Encouragement for diverse stakeholders
It is strongly encouraged for our partners and stakeholders from various sectors – industry, research, and education – to participate.
This includes start-ups and SMEs with projects that promise to influence European industrial competitiveness, innovation capacity, and human capital. Your contributions are crucial in promoting the circular economy and achieving the green and digital transition goals set out in the European Green Deal.